Cyber Security Small Business Program
Grant Opportunity for Small Business
The Australian Government has announced $10 million available over two years for this grant opportunity, which is demand-driven and will close once the funding amount has been exhausted.
The grant amount will be up to $2,100 for 50 per cent of the cost of a micro, small or standard certified small business health check. These health checks are essentially the same, but vary in price depending on the number of devices that are checked.
The certified small business health check involves a certified CREST approved provider performing a cyber security test to determine your business risk and areas that need attention.
You must have your certified small business health check undertaken and your application submitted by 30 June 2020 or before available funding is committed.
You cannot use funding from other Commonwealth, state, territory or local government grants to fund your share of eligible project costs.
To be eligible you must:
- have an Australian Business Number (ABN)
- be registered for the Goods and Services Tax (GST)
- employ 19 or fewer full-time equivalent employees
- and be one of the following:
- an entity incorporated in Australia
- a partnership
- a sole trader
Eligible activities include:
a micro certified small business health check undertaken by a CREST approved provider.
a small certified small business health check undertaken by a CREST approved provider.
a standard certified small business health check undertaken by a CREST approved provider.
13 28 46
AusIndustry has people ready to answer your questions.
APPLYING FOR A GRANT
You complete the online self-assessment on the CREST small business website to determine which health check service is suitable for your business.
You have the certified small business health check undertaken by a certified CREST approved provider.
You pay in full the tax invoice from the CREST approved provider.
- You complete and submit an application to the department for reimbursement of 50 per cent of your expenditure through a grant up to $2,100.
- You must include a tax invoice from your CREST approved provider, quoting a CREST test certificate number, as evidence of your expenditure.
You enter into a grant agreement with the department and receive a payment, once eligibility is confirmed and subject to available funding.